Featuring music, catered food, lively libations and live & silent auctions!
The GPCP Auction is an event that takes place each school year and features a silent and live auction of donated items along with appetizers, beverages, and entertainment. GPCP parents are expected to attend the auction and required to volunteer for a GPCP fundraiser. Neighbors, businesses and supporters are invited and encouraged to attend. You can expect to see some great items, experiences, artwork and more up for grabs throughout the evening! Auction Night is an adults-only social and fundraising event.
HOW DOES EACH FAMILY SUPPORT THE AUCTION?
Each GPCP family is required to donate one of the following by March 2, 2018:
* Donate TWO items that could realistically be auctioned for $200 total.
- GPCP families can donate items of their own property for auction, subject to approval by the Auction Committee OR
- Families can reach out to local businesses and/or friends to help them secure donated items for auction.
* Donate $250 in CASH in lieu of providing donated items.
- Families donating CASH will be entered into a raffle to win a $500 TUITION CREDIT. Families must donate by March 2 to be eligible for the raffle.The winner will be announced at the Auction.
- Please fill out the online donation form and check off the ‘Cash Donation’ option.
In addition to the options above, each family is also required to donate one drinkable bottle of wine for the event.
Please donate something you enjoy drinking! Turn in your wine donation with your other auction donation items. If you are also donating wine as your auction item, great! – just make sure the online donation form is filled out for that item.
- Celebration of Friendship donation boxes will be setup at both GPCP campuses to accept drop-off items. Please make sure to fill out the online form AND label the items with your name.
- You must fill out a separate online donation form for each item.
Families who have not submitted donations (either Cash or Items) by March 2, 2018 will be billed $300 in order to meet the GPCP family auction donation requirement, so get your items/cash donation in on time!
Examples of previous items that have auctioned well: Photography sessions, sports game tickets, restaurant gift cards, in-home design consultations, experiences such as Dinner Packages, vacations & “staycations”, resort stays, Zoo memberships, new bicycles, themed package bundles: i.e. Bloody Mary Bar Basket, Father’s/Mother’s Day Bundles.
Unacceptable auction items include: Used or slightly used items, non-working items or partial items, items that have been opened, small unmarked glass or china pieces, dollar-store items, items having a lower value than $200.
Each GPCP family must also sign up for a volunteer shift
If families have not already fulfilled their commitment by volunteering at the 2017 Candlelight Tour of Homes, School Photo Day, or the Summer Shade Festival, they are required to volunteer at the auction.
- Time slots and responsibilities will be posted online by February 12th under the ‘Volunteer’ section at gpcpauction.wordpress.com. Be on the lookout for email and newsletter reminders as well.
- Those that sign up for a shift during Auction still need to purchase tickets to the Auction to attend following their shift.
Families who fail to sign up or show up for their volunteer shifts will be subject to a $75 fine.
If families have already fulfilled their commitment by volunteering at the Candlelight Tour of Homes, School Photo Day, or the Summer Shade Festival, they are not required to volunteer at the auction.
Childcare will be provided the night of the event for all GPCP students and their siblings.
- Cabbagetown Campus from 5:30pm – 10:30pm.
- Cost is $35 PER CHILD / $10 EACH ADDITIONAL SIBLING. The deadline to register
and drop off checks at your campus is March 14, 2018.
**No late registrations or drop-offs.**
- Registration and additional information can be found here.
IMPORTANT AUCTION DATES
Celebration of Friendship Tickets On Sale!
$25 Advance Tickets available at gpcpauction.wordpress.com until the day of the event. Tickets can also be purchased at the door for $30.
Family Donation Items Accepted
Celebration of Friendship donation boxes will be setup at both GPCP campuses to accept drop-off items. You must fill out an online donation form for each item AND label your donated items with your name.
Auction Volunteer Signup Begins
GPCP Family Auction Volunteer Signup will be posted online. Families are required to sign up and show up for a volunteer shift or face a $75 fine (2017 Candlelight Tour of Homes volunteers are exempt).
Family Donation Items Due
FINAL deadline date for donation of Items/Cash (plus online donation forms) as well as a drinkable wine. Celebration of Friendship boxes will be located at each GPCP campus to drop off properly labeled goods.
Raffle Entry Deadline
Cash donations must be received in order to qualify for entry in the raffle.
Childcare Registration Due (no late signups, no exceptions)
Please register GPCP students and siblings online and drop off checks at your campus.
Celebration of Friendship Auction Night at Trees Atlanta!
We look forward to seeing you there!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out! Thank you for your time and support!
The Auction Committee – GPCPauction2018@gmail.com